Monday, September 26, 2011

First weekend in Florida

I flew into Tampa on Thursday night after circling over the Gulf for 20 minutes due to the airport being temporarily shut down because of the massive thunder showers happening all over the Tampa area. I spent the next day getting a drug test and doing paperwork and then I was free for the weekend. I spent the weekend in Jacksonville with Sarah having fun and reminiscing about all the crazy things we did at Cottey.
They look like slugs
 We ate boiled peanuts that we bought from some guy on the side of the road. They were actually super good better than I thought. And stopped at Sarah's Grandpa's house for lunch, it was super awesome to see him and his wife again! After napping we went bowling and had an exciting bright pink bowling ball.
 And then Sarah and I got kind of sad that even our combined score couldn't beat Daniel her roommate.
I got to watch my first ever Florida Gators game. It's a bit blurry but that's how I see football. Blurry and not something exciting to watch.
I guess they won 41 to 10 or something like that. Daniel was happy. Sarah and I were happy because we had this. Captain Jack's Nutty Brother. Chocolatey, Peanut Buttery, Ice Creamy deliciousness.
Sunday we spent a few hours at the beach. This was the second time I've experienced the Atlantic Ocean but the first time I've ever swam in the ocean. It was so warm! Kind of gross though since it was hot out as well. Getting in the water didn't really feel like I was cooling off.
Yup that's right I'm just hanging out in the ocean and it's warm!

Jacksonville was fun! I look forward to going back now that I only live 3 hours from Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. Gators won that game 48-10! GO GATORS!!! I hope you enjoy FL. I certainly have my moments that I miss it....

    ReplyDelete